Exactly what is Enlightenment and How Do You Gain It?
Ever since I had well-known about Paramhansa Yogananda, There are always longed to be “enlightened. ” By “enlightenment,” I do not mean in the regular intellectual sense, but as a situation of “yoga” or institute with one’s higher Home, which is very much in tune together with the truth and with the manifested formation we all dwell in. The amount of enlightenment I am writing about is often permanent happiness and completion above and beyond the trials and tribulations of worldly life. Enlightenment is freedom coming from addiction and the enjoyment of a type of emotional independence or practically perfect maturity.
I am not implying I am enlightened as a “Buddha” or “Krishna” would be. Me far from perfect, and if I got perfect, why would I even bother aspiring to be able to do anything? However, I have been extremely interested in the subject for a long time and no doubt learned significantly about the higher yogas and everything that the task of accomplishing enlightenment implies in all my personal, serious, and sincere “trial and error” attempts. I use fasted for days, lived in 100% raw food diet plans, been on huge long batch retreats with dozens of additional yogis, meditated the entire night time until dawn outside inside the cold nonstop, done yoga exercises postures until I sensed like a pretzel, been opened up by gurus into sophisticated yogic exercises and different forms of meditation, and tried out celibacy for as long as I could stay it.
So it seems extremely, very difficult at times, having to relatively go against one’s very own predatory instincts and practice hours and hours regarding sadhana (yoga and meditation) every day, which seemed to burn up much more than just my free time! No matter how hard I tried out, no matter how much self-discipline I had developed, and no matter how determined, I simply wasn’t able to get anywhere. One and the only thing that changed was my anxiety, and depressive disorder (unfortunate tendencies of mine) gradually worsened! In the long run, I simply became too weary of doing anything! I had to quit, usually, there would not even be
every time or energy left over to get basic survival activities!
I had to redefine where I became coming from, why I wanted “enlightenment” so badly, and what it really should be like that “enlightened. ” I was in desperate hope and a basic discontentment with my life and physical and earthly surroundings. I felt very limited, restricted by time frame, short on money, limited by my body’s desires, and by my 100% aggravated emotional and psychological desires. It felt like I became an unwilling victim connected with life, and I often regretted being born on this side of “hell,” where life on Earth surely seemed to be at times.
“Enlightenment,” as long as I was concerned, meant to be an exit strategy from the struggle and problems of physical existence, at least a novel perspective on life that would help me find things in a new mild and gain answers for the numerous serious problems that got plagued me for years to make my life miserable. “Enlightenment” furthermore meant having a lasting and reliable source of inner happiness, bliss, guidance, and adoring. I longed for an intimate relationship with the Divine. I longed to find out whether Paramhansa Yogananda’s “Divine Mother” actually existed or not. Is there a part of ourselves that is immortal?
Do they offer life after death, of course? If so, what is it like?
It turned out that the kind of “enlightenment” I have been longing for requires a lot more elements than I ever imagined and requirements far more complicated than I ever dreamed. I experimented with everything I learned and picked up from different sources, personal experiences, instructors, books, etc. I decided to start a journal and jot down all I could regarding these aspects of yoga and deep breathing that worked for me. I even invented new concepts, ideals, and techniques that finally seemed to provide many answers.
What I have learned thus far includes the following very important key points:
1) Cultivation and redirection of sexual desire and the enlargement of sexual energy in absolute bliss, joy, enthusiasm, and love. I have certainly been unable to get anywhere without having some form of celibacy! However, easily stopping all your physical cravings would conduct additional harm than good. Just one must carefully often redirect the sexual energy upward over the spinal centers into the expanded bliss using adaptogenic herbs, short water fasts, infusion of body cells having prana (life force energy), and be sure one is feeding on at least one, complete, the whole dish every day. Otherwise, this delicate process could get disrupted.
2) The diet and supplements considered must be perfect for the person. As a way to succeed at yoga, your metabolism must be optimized in addition to balanced perfectly. The right nutritional supplements, the right herbs, the right meal, and the right amount of regular water fasting must be provided every day so that when just one sits down or simply breaks, one should feel peaceful and content. This
“pleasant state” is essential to begin yoga.
3) You May go vegetarian if your metabolic rate can’t handle it. Vegetarianism works fine for most yogis. However, some still must include “meat” such as sardines, salmon, turkey, and then; otherwise, there could be some problems in many areas of one’s existence. Avoid red meat (pork, lamb, beef… ) if possible.
4) Always include many uncooked nuts and seeds like almonds, pecans, peanuts, sunflower, sesame, and pumpkin seedling; and enjoy plenty of raw fruit and veggies sauerkraut, vegetable fruit drinks, rice and beans, and so on. Avoid cheese, fried foods, bread, sweet desserts, dried up fruit, or any flower goods, because at best, these foods usually up room for more biologically valuable food, and at more serious, can drain vital vitality and lead to illness.
5) Know for sure that there is existence after death and that the soul is a real entity. Just possessing no doubt whatsoever about the actuality of Spirit and that we have a universal, eternal justice adjustments everything in the way one can feel, act, and behaves to life. Life no longer may seem utterly unfair in addition to non-sensical
“hell” but is very an opportunity to learn from mistakes and grow toward becoming a small and finer human being.
6) Know without a shadow of a doubt the oneness of life! There is only one brain or one observer who all lives in all sentient creatures. One can love others unconditionally (very important) because just one now knows that all people everywhere you go are aspects of one great Internal, which means one will have to practical experience eventually everything one does indeed to another person.
“Enlightenment” is comprised mainly of a constant status of unconditional love.
7) Meditate regularly by putting all one’s attention on one spot one-half inch inside the forehead (third eye) or heart center with the middle of the chest. In addition, learn how to relax deeply and least visualize the home leaving the physical system behind. Astral projection provides quality proof that one is not the system. The body is only an actual vehicle to get around inside and the physical brain is necessary to interpret all activities within the physical dimensions of time and space. One’s genuine nature is space, inspiration, love, and knowledge, just about all embedded within a unified yet location-free, “quantum” consciousness.
Understand consciousness instead of the physical physique.
8) Drink new (preferably ionized or alkalized) water between meals rather than snacking. Exercise regularly in an exterior, natural environment with the intent to soak up as much prana as possible into every cell of the entire body. Also, bathe or bathe regularly to keep the skin pores open for finer energy; try to wear only clean clothes daily because old contaminants block the assimilation and enjoyment of prana.
“Enlightenment, ” as you can tell, is certainly not simple to accomplish but worthy of all the trouble and issues once achieved. There are zero shortcuts. However, it is possible to learn and use more effective direct methods. I follow every one of the above steps and, as a result, in the morning enjoy a lifestyle very similar to a person who is considered “enlightened. ” Nonetheless, I am still not perfect and have much more to perform. Discovery and growth make life so exciting.